French bread topped with creamy grape & capsicum topping!
- French bread – cut into round slices OR regular bread slices (cut into 2 or 4)
For the topping
- 4 tbsp cheese spread – plain or pepper flavored
- chilli flakes – qty depending on how much heat u can take 🙂
- freshly ground pepper – if using plain cheese spread
- some chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves
- half of a green bell pepper (capsicum, chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup black grapes (each cut into 4)
- Toast the bread slices lightly in the oven for 10 to 15 mins till light brown & crisp. You could also toast them in a pan over gas.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients of the topping. Add some more spread if required for binding. I added only about 3 tbsp out of the 4 mentioned above.
- Keep the topping over the freshly toasted warm bread & serve immediately. This makes for a refreshing starter!
It is important to wash the grapes thoroughly. First rinse them in water & soak them in clean and salted water for at least 15 mins and rinse again with clean water. Drain and the grapes are ready to use.
You could mix the topping, say maybe an hour in advance and assemble just before you serve.