Craving for something sweet & intoxicating to cheer up. Now people often do find themselves in this situation. And so one must always have few reliable & handy tricks up our sleeves to regain our spirits – your favorite music, a good movie, good book, cell phone & a good friend, quick treats to satisfy our taste buds…This is one recipe which qualifies & makes this list. A velvety, satiny smooth, creamy, chocolatey ‘Chocolatey Pudding’! Quick & easy to make, requires few simple ingredients which every home, esp of a foodie`s will normally have :). Its a recipe that won`t let you down. Try it out & find out for yourselves…
Eggless Chocolate Pudding
Creamy chocolate delight!
- Milk – 7oo ml/ 3 ½ cups
- Sugar – 21 tsp/ ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla custard powder/ Cornflour – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Choco chips (optional – 2 tsps)
For dusting on top (optional)
- Cocoa powder (icing sugar)
Choices for garnish (optional)
- Grated chocolate (fresh strawberries when in season, crushed strawberry flavored cornflakes, cherries, chopped almond flakes, pistachios. The list is endless. It all depends on individual taste and preferences :))
- Take half cup of the above total milk in a small bowl and add cocoa powder, sugar, cornflour and make a smooth paste.
- Put rest of the milk to heat in a pan over medium heat. Let come to a boil & add the cocoa-cornflour mixture whilst stirring constantly with hand whisk to avoid lumps. Cook until thick, creamy, coats back of spoon and you are able to draw a line.
- When done, remove from heat add vanilla extract. Mix and let come to room temperature. Transfer to individual ramekins or serving bowls or a single large glass bowl. Chill for 2-3 hours. Sprinkle cocoa powder or powdered sugar, garnish just before you serve.
This pudding can be served warm before you refrigerate during cold winters or chilled on a sunny day!