Cocoa and apple eggless pancakes!
- 2 cups plain flour or whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 big apple (firm variety)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4-6 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Milk – as required
- Few tsps butter – to cook the pancakes
- In a bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, BP. Then grate the apple into this flour mixture. You do not need to peel it.. Saves lot of time here!
- Add the melted butter, castor sugar, vanilla essence & mix once. Then add milk & mix till you get the right consistency. We needed about 2 cups and may be a tad more milk. You need to get a pouring consistency as that of normal pancake batter but not thin as crepes. You don`t need to spread the batter in the pan.
- Taste and add more sugar if required.
- Heat a non stick pan & melt a little butter. Take a ladle and take batter in it upto 3/4 full & pour into the hot pan. The pancakes should not be too thick. Once the underside is cooked flip and cook the other side too till done. Check to see that the insides are not raw.
- Remove and serve them hot drizzled with maple syrup or with any jam/ conserve of your choice. Makes one delicious weekend breakfast or a snack for the evening!
Adapted from Amma`s recipe diary