Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of the easiest recipe for choco chip cookies!
- 170 gm plain flour
- a pinch of baking powder
- 120 gm butter
- 100 gm sugar
- 3-4 tbsp chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease a baking tray with butter and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light creamy with an electric beater or hand whisk. Beat in only one direction.
- Add the essence and beat again in same direction for few seconds.
- Sieve the flour and BP and add it into the butter-sugar mix. Also add the choco chips.
- Gently mix in the flour and choco chips to get a soft dough. Do not over knead. Shape them into small rounds & flatten slightly.
- Place the balls 1″ apart on the greased baking tray. Bake @ 180 C for 15 to 20 mins till the edges start turning brown.
If cookies are not done after 20 mins you can bake it for another 5 mins but do not overbake.
The cookies may seem soft to the touch when you remove from the oven but they harden once they cool down.
Adapted from Nita Mehta